Homefield Advantage! Time to get excited about making an event “yours” this year!
In 2018 and beyond, PA League events will assign a (roughly) equal number of teams to each of the races in the series. These teams will be the “hometown teams” for that event.*
What does this mean? Well, a few things:
First, we’re going to pump you up a little bit. Hometown Teams will**
- Receive reserved Pit Zone space at the races.
- Get a reserved parking area too for your families and some extra sweet spots for the coaches.
- Be represented on the event welcome banner and on course signage.
- Receive special recognition on the event announcements and during call ups.
- Be recognized as the hometown teams in any local media coverage
- Receive shoutouts on league social media and in the event reports
- Have team captains recognized before the start of the event, they’ll help us kick off the day or wraps it up.
- Make the event “yours” and do it up! What do you want to add? Something fun you’d like to do? Know people in your community who might like to get involved? Have some fun with it.
It also means that you’re in charge of many different aspects of your hometown race and will work with your league’s core crew to pull together a fantastic event!
These are the sorts of, but perhaps not only, roles you’ll be filling as the hometown teams:
- Volunteer staffing – all spots for the race weekend need to come from your teams and the local community. You’ll work with our league’s volunteer coordinator to fill these roles.
- Pack It Up! – New for 2018 will be full course break down, clean up, and trailer packing after the podiums! This allows every team to leave earlier than ever, while requiring that each team only clean up one event, one weekend (and that will be at an event as close to home as possible!)
- Event Sponsorship – The League needs your help to find some local support for the event! We want to make these events great and keep driving the league forward, we’ll work with you to make that happen. (If this endeavor make sense, geographically, for your team to participate in, of course!)
- Adventure Ride Leaders – new this year will be an opportunity for students who aren’t race oriented to get out for a 2-3 hour fun, relaxed pace, adventure ride (think stops for pics, sightseeing, etc.) and we’ll need the hometown teams to host this fun option.
- Try-It Ride Leaders – two to four home team coaches who will lead the Try-It ride on Saturday of event weekend for students who may be checking out the league for the very first time.
- Be an official starter of one of the races!
- Assign one coach or other adult from the team to work with your Chief of Volunteers, the incredible Patrick Engleman, and the other team representatives. You’ll work together to fill all the staffing roles for the event (remember, these could come from other local organizations and do not just have to be family members!).
Teams who are fully engaged and contributing in this process will be entered to win the end of season Volunteer Awards including:
- Free team registration for the following PICL season (up to a $350 value!)
- Awesome “Baskets of Goodness” from our PICL sponsors
*We get it, not every team is going to have an event in your backyard. You might get assigned an event that is an hour or two from home. One weekend, that’s what we need from you and your team.
**Here’s the thing, you only get these things if you contribute to the tasks necessary to pull off an incredible PICL event. If we determine that you or your team are not contributing equitably you will not receive these benefits.
Blur at Gallaher – Fairhill
|Elizabethtown Area School District|
|Tredyffrin Easttown Composite|
|Tredyffrin Easttown District|
|West Chester Henderson Mountain Bike Club|
Grinnin’ at Granite – Gettysburg
|Adams County Composite|
|Chambersburg Area School District|
|TWIN VALLEY MOUNTAIN BIKING TEAM|
|York Composite Cycling Club|
|Lycoming County Composite|
|Northeast Philiadelphia & Lower Bucks County Composite|
|Towanda Area School District|
Highground in J-town – Johnstown
|Carlisle Area Composite Racing|
|Carlisle Area High School|
|Centre County Crows|
|Danville Area School District Hammers|
|Hanover Area Youth Composite|
|Johnstown Ridgebacks Composite|
|West Shore Composite|
PA STATE XC CHAMPIONSHIPS and Adventure Wknd at the Boyce Big Ring
|Pittsburgh East Composite|
|PIttsburgh North Cycling|
|North Side Youth Mountain Bike Club|
|Seven Springs Composite|
With an extended schedule and likely the most attendees, we need everyone to chip-in to make sure our last event is safe, fun, and successful.
The Flow at Jordan Creek – Allentown
|Bucks County Composite|
|Great Valley Composite|
|Great Valley HS Team|
|Lehigh Valley Composite|
|Owen J. Roberts|
|Parkland School District|
|Southern Montgomery Composite|
|Wyomissing Area Composite|