NICA is holding another round of the super successful online summits! These are either 1 hour sessions, 5 days in a row, or one 7 hour day, with some breaks. No cost for these, but pre-reg is necessary. More below from our National Coaching Crew! Join the crew, upgrade your skills, make amazing things happen.
Registration is OPEN! — Click on the calendar. Click on the day. Register!
The NICA Coach Licensing Staff is offering another round of live, online leader summit sessions so that you can get the necessary core requirements for your level 3 coach license or the continuing education units needed to maintain your current coach license. These sessions will be offered at varying dates and times to accommodate your busy schedules. Please see below for details about the online leader summit program:
- Online leader summits will be held live via Zoom video conference.
- Sessions will be presented by NICA Coach Licensing staff.
- They will consist of the 5 Core Required sessions to get your Coach License Level 3 or count as CEUs to maintain your current license level 2 or 3.
- Sessions will be offered in 5 one hour sessions on weekdays every other week. Times will stagger each week to accommodate your varying needs and different time zones
- OR— You can complete all 5 sessions in one 7 hour block (includes breaks) on a Saturday if you’d like to get them all done at once.
- Click on the following google calendar to see the full schedule of sessions. Sessions are in September and October. Click on a day for the link to registration.
- NICA Online Leader Summit Sessions Schedule
- Important note: The online google calendar will adjust to your time zone. Once you click on a registration link and are taken into the Zoom registration, the time is displayed in Eastern Time.
- Pre-registration is required to attend each online leader summit session:
- Registration links are available as a link in each session on the google calendar
- Basic Zoom accounts are free, but you do NOT need one to attend an online meeting. If you have one, feel free to use it if you want.
- Please use your full name when registering and logging in to all of your sessions, so we can properly give credit for participation.
- Each session will be limited to 100 participants on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If you intend to participate with a group of coaches, please register individually so we can give you proper credit for attending.
- Once all 5 sessions are completed, you will automatically be sent an email with your certificate of completion. You can then upload your certificate to your PitZone profile.
- You don’t have to attend all 5 sessions to get CEU credits. You will still receive credit for the number of sessions you attended. Please email Mike McGarry at email@example.com when you’re finished with your sessions; he will email you a certificate for the CEUs based on the number of sessions you’ve attended.
- For example, you are a Level 2 coach and only need 3 CEUs. You can attend 3 of the hour-long weekday sessions as your schedule allows. Let Mike know via email and he’ll send you a certificate with 3 CEUs for you to upload in PitZone.
- Please direct all questions regarding this program to Jon Casson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re very excited to offer you this program and we hope it helps you get the required training and license for the upcoming season. We thank you for your commitment to NICA and to the student-athletes who love riding bikes as much as you do.
Upcoming schedule — calendar link here