Skilled and dedicated coaches are the most important aspect of Pennsylvania High School Cycling League mountain bike teams. A Pennsylvania League coach puts the safety and overall well-being of their student-athletes as the first priority. NICA-licensed coaches are role models and teachers who are open to learning the best practices of youth mountain bike coaching and actively working to hone their leadership skills.
- No experience is necessary to become an Pennsylvania League coach.
- We have several teams already established you could volunteer for – a great way to get a first-hand look at what managing a team is like.
- We have the tools to help all coaches succeed. Join in on our New Team Conference Calls.
- We offer comprehensive training at our Leaders’ Summit events (March and April).
- NICA coaches manuals provide detailed coaching instructions. (These are for sale through Leaders’ Summit registration.)
- Check out the Educational Resources provided by NICA. Their free webinars are very useful – ranging from information on the NICA Rulebook to How to Start and Manage a High School Team – NICA WEBINAR SERIES SCHEDULE
Be sure to sign up for the League Newsletter and stay up to date on Pennsylvania League events, clinics, camps and news!
How do I get started?
All coaches are required to obtain a coaches license at one of three levels:
The path to becoming an Pennsylvania League coach generally begins with volunteering for a local team or attending a Leaders’ Summit.
Click here to learn which license level works best for your needs.
Want to Start at Team?
Take a look at our Team Starter Kit Page.
Send an email to league director Mike Kuhn.