Date: Friday June 29 – Sunday July 1, 2018
Location: Gardners, PA
Get ready for some fun for everyone at the first ever PICL Family Camp!
We are going to kick off the 2018 season with a weekend jam-packed with fun for the whole family!
Included with your registration fee is a place to set up your family’s tents in our group tenting area, meals, crafts, and more! There will be activities for the whole family, and you can pick and choose what is right for your tribe! Available activities include: trail rides, hikes, crafts, camp fires, swimming, The Appalachian Trail Museum, bike games, games without bikes and THE 2018 PICL FAMILY CAMP OLYMPICS!
Learn about Pine Grove Furnace State Park here.
There are a few things to keep in mind. This is a state park and so there is NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED! There are also no pets, RVs or anything but tents allowed in the group tenting area. Group tenting is primitive. If you wish to bring a pet or require electricity or ADA accommodations, you will need to reserve a spot within the Pine Grove Furnace Campground here.
RECOMMENDED PACKING LIST (PRELIMINARY)
- Your mountain bike (be sure it’s in proper working order)
- Eye protection
- Cycling shoes (this may be your sneakers for some riders)
- Cycling clothes
- Hydration pack or water bottles and cages on bike
- Head lamp or flashlight
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap etc)
- Towels- bath and swim
- Sleeping bag or linens
- Mattress cover (a flat sheet will work fine)
- Bathing suit
- Rain coat
- Rain boots
- Sneakers or sturdy shoes for hiking and riding
- Shower shoes
- Jeans or sweatpants
- Socks (extra socks too)
- Pajamas Sunscreen
- Insect repellent (Ticks are bad this year!)
- Laundry bag for dirty clothes
Tentative Schedule Coming Soon!
Subject to change due to weather and/or other conflicts
WEDNESDAY – AGENDA